Saturday, September 8, 2012

Collier's First Slumber Party

Last weekend, Chris and I had our first overnight away from Collier, to Atlanta for the UT vs. NC State football game.  How strange to think that, when we planned this little excursion to last spring, we were still pregnant.  I remember thinking, "He'll be 5 months old by then.  Surely we'll be ready for a night away.  It'll be great!".  Well...I was right AND wrong.  We did have a great time.  It was so nice to be able to hang out with old friends, cheer on our Vols, and see a victory.  But, It was harder than I thought it would be to go out of town and leave C here.  I had a twinge of anxiety the whole time, mostly centering around the thought, "If something happened, it would take me three and a half hours to get to him...".  As irrational as that is, that's my life now, right?  If I had known how much of being a mom revolves around worrying, I may have been more careful, and given my own mom less to worry about :).

At any rate, we did have a great time.  And Collier (and my dad and step-mom) had a wonderful slumber party at our house.  I could hear in my dad's voice that they just treasured the time they spent together.  (Side note--it is SO COOL to see my parents become grandparents.  They love our kiddo so much.)  And it's another milestone for the books!

Morgan and I, at the inaugural meeting of the YBOV club.

Go Big Orange!

Cheering on our Vols

Saturday afternoon, after we got back home.  I think my boys were happy to see each other. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment