Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Playdates and a Big Boy Bed!

I'm trying to get caught up on what we've been up to...this is a couple weeks old (sorry! :)

I think this has been the spring of the baby.  In the past three months, I have 6 close friends who have collectively had 7 babies.  Tell me that's not crazy!  I'm so excited for what it means for Collier--lots of friends! We had a playdate week before last with Ryder (my friend Lori's son who just turned one), Mallory (Kim's daughter, who is 3 months), and Becky's 3 boys: Parker (2), Aiden and Colton (exactly one week younger than Collier).  Not only did they have a great time, but their mommies got to have some much needed time to talk with other grown ups.  Yay!


All our baby friends!  From the left:  Collier, Aiden, Colton, and Mallory (who just scored a touchdown, apparently! :)

Colton and Mallory...Don't they look like they're holding hands?  Precious!

Aiden and Collier were watching TV.  Just like men.

Big Boys Parker and Ryder didn't seem to mind all the "baby toys" at our house.  They can play with anything! :)

Also, weekend before last, we decided that it was time to move C into his own room for night time.  He's been sleeping great--waking up only once (usually around 4 or 5 am) to eat and go right back to sleep.  While I knew that we needed to go ahead and make this change, and that he would sleep better in his own space, this was a hard adjustment for me.  I got so used to having him in the same room, where his little sleep noises were a nice reminder that he's doing alright in his bassinet.  As a first time mom, I'll admit I did the "is he breathing?" thing several times a night, and having him in our room made checking on him easier.  Even though I felt conflicted, I knew that it was best for all three of us (well, all four of us, since Avery's sleep is interrupted when Collier wakes up too, poor thing :) for Collier to make the move to his room.  So, with several prayers, and our AngelCare monitor all set up, he made the move last Friday night.  We established a bedtime routine (bath, massage, book, bottle, swaddle, rock to sleep) and he did awesome!  Collier slept 8 hours the first night in his own room, and has only deferred from that once since then.  The first few nights I slept very poorly, and made more than a few trips across the house in the dark to peek in on our little bug, but I've done much better as time goes on.  On the bright side, Chris and I have our room back, which is nice....even if we do have to share it with Avery. :)
Collier's big boy bed--I took off the bumper pads after reading too many articles about SIDS.  I still think the crib looks weird and uncomfortable without them, but they're not recommended anymore.  I'll probably put them back on once he's able to lift his head if he gets stuck against them. 
 
 Rocking with mommy.  Collier and I spend a LOT of time in this chair. :)
Such a sweet sleepy boy

No comments:

Post a Comment