Tuesday, February 14, 2012

31-32 Weeks

Hi everyone! It's crazy to think that baby Collier will be here in about 8 more weeks--that's like 50 days. Guess we should think about getting a car seat! :)

Some highlights of the past two weeks were:

- Getting increasingly more comfortable with checking my blood sugar. I usually get it on the first finger prick (earlier, it would take me several tries). Hurray for progress!!

- Having my first "belly rub" from a stranger. I was in the grocery store, and a woman came around the aisle, gave my belly a pat and said, "Get on, girl". Hilarious!! (for the record, I really don't mind if people I know love on Collier, but strangers are a little...strange)

- Getting Collier's room closer to completion. I will post pics soon!

- Attending baby showers for two dear friends. Natasha is due March 17 with baby girl Caroline, and Leslie is due April 9 with baby Walker, whose gender is a mystery. (Collier requests a boy to play with).

- Taking maternity pictures with Leslie Walker. We froze our tails off, but the couple shots she's shown me are awesome! I can't believe I have such a talented friend. See a pic I borrowed posted below.

- Using my belly as an analogy to teach phases of the moon. We've drawn them, looked at photos, seen videos, but it wasn't until I told them that I'm a "waxing gibbous" that they understood the lunar cycle. Go figure!

Have a great week!!

-Adrianne

No comments:

Post a Comment