Sunday, February 26, 2012

Old Friends are the Best!

Week 33--7 weeks to go

This week flew by!  Both Chris and I have been super-busy at work, and Collier has been busy growing and reminding us that he is already an active part of our family (mostly by keeping his mom awake at night :).  We are now seeing at least one of our doctors every week for updates on his progress.  As of Monday, February 20th, he weighs 5 lb, 10 oz; which puts him in the 80th percentile.  This is a much more "normal" growth status than he has had in our past few visits--hurray!

In all of our crazy schedules, this past week had one HUGE highlight...a baby shower hosted by three of my best friends:  Kathryn, Maureen, and Ashley.  Kathryn, Maureen and I have been friends since ninth grade (we calculated this weekend that makes 14 years--weird).  We were the kind of friends who spent more time at each other's houses than our own, and I am convinced that God sent these amazing ladies to me to walk with me through high school--a time when kids can easily get lost on a wrong path.  They are the reason that I didn't.  Ashley and I met in college, and have bonded over babies and new steps our lives.  She's currently working hard raising six month old twins (she's superwoman...seriously...read her blog here).  She is an inspiration, and I am so lucky to have her in my life!  These three ladies are true friends in every sense of the word, and put together an amazingly sweet shower for baby Collier. 

We're both getting bigger! :)

The spread--the girls were sweet enough to use carb-free sweeteners in the cupcakes and tea so I could eat whatever I wanted.  Told you they were awesome!
Super-cute artwork made by Kathryn.  This will definitely be hanging in C's room!

More adorable decor
Playing a party game--my Grandmother, Aunt Barbara, Sister-in-Law Amanda, and niece Callie.



Callie helped me open every gift!  She must have been practicing for her 3rd birthday, which was the next day. :)
Ashley's perfect babies--Mac (who usually looks happier than he does at the time of this photo) and Paisley (who is sweetness personified).  Love these babies!  Can't wait for Collier to have play dates with them!
My Grandmother--who will be adding "Great" to her name for the first time when Collier arrives.  She's always been great, it's just more official now.
Last, but not least...Maureen, Kathryn, and Ashley.  Thanks, girls, for the shower and for your friendship!  My life would not be nearly as full without you (although I might spend less time on the phone:).  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment