Friday, February 17, 2012

Showers of Blessings!

Happy Friday!  Today marks the beginning of our 33rd week of pregnancy--It's crazy to think that in just 4 short weeks that Baby Collier will be "term".  My pregnancy app tells me that he weighs a little over 4 pounds (although I know our big guy bypassed that size a few weeks ago :), and is filling out his frame with lots of squeezable fat.  Other than the "normal" third trimester complaints (shortness of breath, heartburn, trouble getting comfortable enough for sleep), I'm feeling great!

My friends at work threw us a super-cute shower yesterday afternoon to celebrate Collier's arrival.  Although we had a last minute venue change, due to a bug that's making the rounds of everyone's children, we certainly felt the outpouring of love in all of their sweet gifts and well wishes.  When we moved to Winchester, I never would have dreamed that I would have met such sweet, caring people who would love us so well.  My co-workers and friends make me feel like we've just always been here!  Here are some highlights of the shower.   The pinwheel theme was so adorable, and I've never seen it before!


The adorable name banner made by my friend Becky (who is expecting twins the same week we are due with Collier).  She's quite crafty!
Super cute centerpieces!
Yes, I had a piece of cake!  :)

All of Collier's loot.  It's such a blessing to have so many people care for us!

I truly have no idea how people prepare for a baby's arrival without the support of family and friends, and we feel so blessed to have found friends who feel like family here!

2 comments:

  1. Adrianne! I am so happy for you and your new baby! I am so glad you've made some good friends in Winchester too :) I hope your delivery goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love following your preggers-ness. You are just so cute! I'll be praying for you guys in the last weeks of incubating.

    ReplyDelete