Friday, May 25, 2012

7 Weeks Old and Kathryn and Miller Visit

I'm a bit late on catching up our blog..sorry!  :)

Collier's 7th week of life was super-exciting!  He celebrated his awesome mommy on Mother's Day (I'm sure he thinks I'm awesome...I'd think anyone who'd wake up in the middle of the night to make me a snack is awesome :), and our friends Kathryn and Miller came to visit!  Kathryn is one of my best friends from high school, who lives in Raleigh, North Carolina.  Her husband is a tennis pro, and they spend the summers in Banner Elk, NC, which is closer to Tennessee, making the trip to visit easier (Hurray!!  6 hours instead of 9!!!).

Kathryn is one of those friends they write Hallmark cards about.  Seriously.  There aren't words for the kind of genuine, true friend that she is.  If we have to go a day (or, God forbid, a weekend) without talking, I just feel off.  We don't get to see each other often; the last time was when she came to throw us a shower for Collier back in February (read about that here).  This time she brought her adorable one-year old son, Miller, who I have not seen since he was four weeks old.  He taught us a lot about the baby-proofing that will be necessary in our house in the coming months! :)  We had a wonderful, low-key time while she was here:  playing with the boys, eating yummy food, going to the park, and a special playdate with our friend Ashley and her twins Mac and Paisley.  Thanks so much for coming to visit, Kath!  I miss you already!

Kathryn and sweet Miller at the park.  He turned one last week.

Collier and Mommy swinging. 
I'm still amazed at how people have two babies at a time.  I have several friends with twins...how do they do it?!?!
Collier and Miller in their matching outfits.  Thanks, Aunt Kathryn! :)
Collier wasn't thrilled about our continued photo session.  Miller, however, is super excited about a balloon leftover from Chris' birthday.  Precious! :)


Collier getting some Aunt Kathryn love

On our play date with Ashley, Mac, and Paisley.  I wonder what our neighbors were thinking (probably that they aren't going to drink the water around here anymore...)

We love you!  Thanks for visiting!




1 comment: