Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Happy Birthday, Chris!

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Chris' 28th birthday was this past weekend, which means that he is MUCH older than me.  Until October, anyway.  As many of you know, I am a really big fan of birthdays, and really don't feel like one day is enough time to celebrate the people that I love.  (I have my own "Birthday Extravaganza" every year).  So, we spent the weekend celebrating Chris, and doing many of the things that he enjoys the most.  Chris is a pretty low-key guy, so his favorite things are pretty easy for me to accomplish:  dinner on a patio, sleeping in, the Kentucky derby (my horse never wins...maybe has something to do with the fact that I pick the one whose jockey is wearing the shirt I like best), grilling out with friends, a picnic, and hiking.  We are continuing his birthday celebration next weekend as we see his favorite music group, Zac Brown Band, in Atlanta.  It's great to spend a little time letting Chris know how great he is, and how glad we are to have him in our lives.

Blowing out the candles

Chris is explaining to Collier how the derby works

Picnic-ing.  Note that Avery is showing off her good table manners.



Pooped out after our hike

No comments:

Post a Comment